Our airline tickets are purchased. On September 4, 2014, Scott and I will arrive in Córdoba, Argentina. We will spend the whole month there and will return home October 2.
Why are we going to Argentina?
Scott has had Argentina on his mind and heart since 2009. At work he overheard a documentary. He came home and started looking up more information about this country in South America. We found a Missionary we knew in Paraguay and Scott was able to visit there and cross over to Argentina during Christmas break. I was in my third trimester with our 5th child and couldn’t go.
A lot has happened over the past six years.
- In March 2008 Scott accepted the call to pastor New Hope Missionary Baptist Church in South East Texas. We moved here that September.
- December 2009 Scott visited Paraguay where Bro. Ted Barker and his family currently serve as Missionaries. Bro. Barker also took him across the border to visit Argentina. You can read “Scott’s in Paraguay” to learn more about that.
- July 2010, Scott answered a call for help by our friends, Missionaries to South East Asia Rusty and Susan Teer. You can read more about Scott’s trip to Thailand and my trip to Michigan alone with the kids.
- June and July 2011 Scott took me to Thailand.
Before we married Scott made sure that I would follow him wherever the Lord wanted us to go. I knew even then that God may call us to leave our comfort zones. I am willing. What more does God need but for us to be willing?
What will we be doing this September in Argentina?
We are going on a survey trip to see what it will take to live there.
Our goals for this trip are to:
- look at the different language schools in Córdoba.
- find and visit area churches to see what worship services are like there.
- visit other cities in the surrounding area.
- check out the stores and markets to get an idea what our cost of living will be.
- gain contacts we can learn from and who can help us in our move onto the field.
Are we taking the kids?
No. We’re not doing this to get away from our kids. We enjoy taking our kids places. When we finally do move onto the field we will be bringing most of our children with us. However for this trip it was not practical financially and time wise for them to come. My parents have graciously offered to keep them while we are gone. They will be in good hands.
What can you do to help?
Please pray for us.
We have been doing a lot of reading and research on living in Argentina but the more we learn the more we realize we don’t know.
It’s a little scary actually taking this trip not knowing what God has in store for us next. It’s a big step of faith to leave our comfort zones behind and prepare to move to a different culture. We want to make this trip as productive as possible.
We also need your prayers that God opens the doors for a sponsoring/sending church to come along side us in this endeavor. Somewhere there is a church seeking who the Lord will have them send. It’s just a matter of God’s timing but we need prayer as we wait.
Have any questions for us? Do you know anyone in Argentina? Please share with us in the comments.
I will be sharing more about our plans in future posts. You will probably be hearing some from my husband as well. Now that we have our tickets we can bring you along with us on the adventure.
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (Mark 16:15 KJV)
Anastacia, how exciting for you and your family. I pray you will have a wonderful trip. God bless you, and your children while you are away.
Janelle recently posted…daughter of Shirley, granddaughter of Gladys and Pearl
Thank you for your prayers, Janelle. I am excited and nervous at the same time. 🙂
Anastacia Maness recently posted…Our Upcoming Adventure
God bless and keep you!
Thank you, Laura!
Anastacia recently posted…Our Upcoming Adventure
Thanks for sharing your plans, I am excited to be an armchair traveller with you
Thanks for joining us on the journey, Christa! 🙂
Anastacia Maness recently posted…Unexpected Blessings
Pingback: Unexpected Blessings | Rock Solid FamilyRock Solid Family
Pingback: Improving Little by Little - Rock Solid Family
Pingback: Unexpected Blessings – Argentina Mission Work